Thursday, January 12, 2012

Another Reason Why Cell Phones Are Not Worth It

I only started using a cell phone full time 1 year ago. Most of the other time, I relied on the old dial phone (yes, an actual dial phone) and used my cell phone for games, pictures and emergencies.
From Fox News: A ringing cellphone disrupted a performance by the New York Philharmonic on Tuesday, prompting a conductor to abruptly stop the music, one concertgoer told FoxNews.com.
Kyra Sims, a master's student at the Manhattan School of Music, said maestro Alan Gilbert stopped the iconic orchestra during the final movement of Gustav Mahler's Ninth Symphony at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall.
"Phones go off during concerts all the time, so when I first heard the phone, I said, 'Man, he's an idiot,'" Sims told FoxNews.com. "I figured he would turn it off but then it just kept ringing. That's what the staggering thing was, it was incessant."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/12/ringing-cellphone-disrupts-new-york-philharmonic-performance/?test=latestnews#ixzz1jJqkZvtP
For the past 3 weeks, when I have been in Church, cell phones have gone off and disrupted the service for those around the phone.
I currently have a Blackberry phone and I use it to play Word Mole, text and call my wife, call my mom and talk to my kids and that's it.
But most other people think their phone is their god. They are constantly using it- texting, going on the Internet, calling some people, play games etc. Apparently, people with cell phones think that people want to hear their conversations at the movies, restraunts and grocery stores, or that their phone calls at Church are more important than the service and they are more important than the people who are around them, and in the news article, they think they are more important than the music they were listening to and more important than the people around them.
Maybe we need a law about cell phones disrupting Church or concerts. Just remember, it's not the cell phone who bother people and music, it's the idiot people who disrupt the music and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment